Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Wednesday and Higher Carbs

Today brings a higher carb day and I'm soooo happy to have fruit again. Very excited for my orgnanic banana and my fresh strawberry/apple juice. Trying to keep that to 8-10 oz so I don't go overboard on cals today.

Workouts have been good, I do feel drained but I imagine its partly due to the heat. We're looking at 115 degrees this weekend so I'll be keeping my butt inside. Sorry, Dax, no vitamin D on those days...

I'm amazed at the changes so far. The few pounds I've lost don't quite tell the whole story. I woke up today and my stomach looks even smaller. I measured even though it wasn't a weights and measurements day and it appears my stomach is another .25 smaller since Monday. I just LOOK thinner and I like it. Baby Girl turned 5 months on Sunday and it was definitely time to get my own body back.

And there are other changes. I mentioned in my first posts that I am addicted to sugar and that I have systemic candida which is aggrivated by sugar. Well, usually when I diet, I have really bad issues. I have cravings like unbelievable and usually end up cheating quite early. I get the shakes, I get clammy, etc when I do low carb days. Not this time around. I've been good. I haven't had the shakes or clamminess except for one episode while hiking last weekend.

When I was competing in Figure, it was so easy to get in shape. After the cancer and moving to Arizona, I have had issues. I always diet, do good for a bit, then cheat. I'm a closet sugar-a-holic. And bad. Like driving home eating cookie dough in the car, bad. I know Dax said to clean out your cupboards, etc before starting the diet and I did a good job except for the freezer. I have 4 pints of Starbucks icecream, 4 quarts of Breyers ice cream and some Lean Pockets out there in the garage freezer (if you're reading this honey, HANDS OFF). I haven't touched it, I haven't even been tempted. It's odd. I feel like I'm forming a better relationship with food thru this.

I also mentioned 2 eczema spots that were nagging me. The one we won't talk about and the one on my shin are both getting smaller. They also don't itch as much, i noticed when I ate sugar, they tended to itch. I will be very happy when these are gone although I figure I may need to extend the Elimination Diet out further to have those clear up.

So while I'm not EXACTLY on track to lose 30lbs in 30 days, I feel good. I feel like I've made huge progress and we're only into week 3. Now, Dax has some other nutritional tricks in his bag that we start this week so I might get just a bit closer to my goal weight yet :)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like this challenge has a lot of great benefits for you. Has to make all the hard work worthwhile! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for sticking with it! I know it takes a lot of courage to stay away from sugar! Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete