Saturday, July 4, 2009

What Day Am I On?











I've lost count of the days... I just know today is a higher carb day and I started the morning with fresh juiced strawberry apple juice combined with a banana and some flax for a tasty smoothie.
Dropped Hubby off at the airport for his short trip home, did my first workout already and getting set to do #2.
Yesterday was uneventful as far as food and workouts. Got it all in AND a very nice hike at Tonto Natural Bridge. We hiked a solid 2 hours (putzed around for another hour too). The temps were about 10 degrees cooler which makes a difference when you wake up in Arizona to 92 degrees at 5am. Hiking on a lower carb day is not fun though, let me tell you!!! It was an amazing day though as there was quite a bit of water in the springs and the waterfall actually had WATER. SOOO pretty and the landscape was very lush.
Spending today doing workouts, prepping food and cleaning house while baby girl naps. I'm hoping to get lots done while Hubby is away. I have a MOUND of junk mail to shred, gotta get on that....
Ok, I'm off to workout, then going to try a YUMMO sounding recipe for asparagus my friend Amber sent to me. If I master it, I'll post it!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos Shelle, sounds like a perfect morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hard to believe that you are reaching the halfway point for Dax's challenge. That's incredible to think about the changes and accomplishments that you have been making in so many ways.

    I know it has been very encouraging for Melissa to have such an interactive group of folks in this challenge. She's definitely stepped out of her comfort zone in so many ways. In fact she's going to be coming with me on Monday morning to my boot camp along with keeping up with her 30 day challenge requirements! I am totally stoked to have her with me! Hopefully I'll even be able to post a video of what we've done on my own Blog. Stay tuned!

    I've heard that Dax has been MIA for a wee bit. Not hard to believe with how busy he is. As an online instructor for a college state-side I know the students love that high level of involvement - especially when there are questions.

    Anyway, keep up the excellent work! You're doing fantastic!

    Those are amazing photos! Thanks for sharing your journey in so many ways.

    Have a great weekend!
    Andrew

    ReplyDelete